Age old dilemma, you have a gorgeous yet underwhelming dining nook, dark bedroom needing a personality boost, barren kitchen screaming out for attention or just really high ceilings you want to accentuate and you're stuck on something to bring it all together. You want to make this space unique, organic, modern and magical all in one, aaaaaand add ambiance and style without spending a ton of cash. Seems like a tall order, right? Wrong! Let's give a warm welcome to the natural woven pendant light. Whether large or small, circular and structured, asymmetrical and jagged, singular or in a cluster, the simplicity and power of this trend to transform a home is so sweet you'll swear off sockerbit forever, maybe.
These woven gems are airy, they put off gorgeous, soft scattered light and create vertical interest in whatever room they’re hung. I love it over a breakfast nook or dining room table and it balances the vibes over your handsome modern marble kitchen island, blending organic and modern design effortlessly.
Woven natural pendant lights are also great in bedrooms, centered over the bed for a complimentary soft glow, or off centered over night stands and lounging corners for a never over thought “I woke up like this” vibe. Its soft boho texture, meets your own personal nod to island living, all tied up in one woven package.
Don't forget the living spaces and hallways! They benefit equally from a little woven twinkly light action. Nestled in a corner as a little ambient glow or on stage front and center with a large statement piece. This is how you do textured organic modernism baby.
Here's a round up of some of my favorite fixtures, to add some much needed Modhemian vibes to your current situation.
1. Serena and Lily Santa Barbara Pendant- total crowd pleaser. great size, clean lines and if anyone knows beachy boho rattan, it's Serena and Lily.
2. Modish Roost Abaca Woven Pendant- A bit more textural, smaller, and comes in two sizes, great for over a nightstand or in a cluster.
3. Etsy Handmade Bamboo Pendant- Please, please, please dont forget our friends on Etsy! This handmade, one of a kind, customizable bamboo basket lighting is music to my ears. It brings in a collected, eclectic, special element to a space that you can't find for a lower price and won't find in your next neighbor's house, that I can guarantee.
4. Cox and Cox Rattan Pendant- Simple, squat and cheap! 20" diameter, so great for a sweet little row above a kitchen island, only if you don't have crazy high ceilings to fill.
5. Pop and Scott Dreamweaver Collection- Those GD Aussie's hit us where it hurts. These woven pendants are exquisite, come with a hefty price tag, but what a statement piece! Love the option for a pop of color but my gut ultimately always sticks with a more neutral color palette. I know, I'm safe and lame but rest assured you can't go wrong either way with these guys.
6. Serena and Lily Hermosa Pendant- S&L strikes again! This is the perfect round woven pendant light. Comes in 19.5" and 26" diameters, works all by its lonesome, in pairs or even arranged in a random cluster. So darn cute!
7. RHTeen Avril Tiered Pendant- Dont forget about the teen and kids branches of your favorite vendors, they often have cute stuff that's not just for children, and at a better price point. I scoped this pendant in their showroom and fell in love. Great size, beautifully modern bohemian and a brand you can trust.
8. Selamat Cordial Hanging Pendant- Selamat makes beautiful lighting fixtures, among other things, and this is no acceptation. I like the tighter weave, leading to the brighter, looser weave around the bottom. It's seemingly handwoven, 24" in diameter and effortlessly bohemian.